Straightaway Referral Program
Terms & Conditions
Last updated: May 12, 2021
You acknowledge and agree that Straightaway’s Referral Program is not intended for and cannot be used by businesses or individuals for affiliate lead generation (as determined in Straightaway’s sole discretion) and that Referral Codes (defined below) may not be posted on discount websites. Both you and the Referred Customer must be residents of the United States, 18 years or older, and eligible to use Straightaway’s Services to be eligible for the Referral Program.
How to Invite your friends to Straightaway under A Referral Program
All users will receive a unique Referral Program code and link to obtain the App and use the code (“Referral Code”) displayed in the App menu under “Refer a new driver” when logged into the Straightaway App. Subject to the rules of these Referral Terms, current Straightaway customers (“Referrers”) can send Referral Codes to as many friends as they like. Your friend will receive a free 30-day trial of Straightaway’s Subscription features instead of the standard 7-day trial.
A “Qualified Referral” occurs when:
- a Referrer sends a Referral Code to someone they know (a “Referred Customer”);
- and purchases a Subscription to Straightaway immediately after their trial period, the purchase of which is not charged back or cancelled.
If all these conditions for a Qualified Referral are met and subject to compliance with the Terms, Straightaway will provide the following rewards (collectively, “Referral Rewards”):
- To the Referrer: $5 Amazon gift card credit, which the Referrer can claim through the Referral Program dashboard in the App by having the redemption code emailed to the email address listed in the Referrer’s Straightaway account.
Subject to compliance with the Terms, Referrers are eligible to receive multiple Referral Rewards if they make multiple Qualified Referrals, up to $500.00 (five hundred dollars) total.
Redeeming Referral REWARDS
Referrers eligible to receive multiple Referral rewards will receive an Amazon gift card redemption code in the amount of Referral Rewards they have qualified for. For example, a Referrer who makes five Qualified Referrals may redeem through the dashboard one $25 Amazon gift card.
If for any reason you believe that there is an issue regarding your Referral Reward, please contact us at email@example.com. All decisions regarding Referral Reward balances will be final and at Straightaway’s sole discretion.
You are responsible for any tax consequences that may result from the redemption or use of Referral Rewards.
- Multiple Referrals. A Referred Customer may only use one Referral Code. If a Referred Customer receives Referral Codes from multiple Straightaway Customers, the Referred Customer may only use one Referral Code and obtain one Referral Reward.
- Existing Customers. Existing Customers cannot send Referral Codes to themselves (for example, you are not permitted to use a different email address to send a Referral Code to yourself). Sending yourself a Referral Code and using that Referral Code to receive a Referral Reward on your Account is prohibited and a violation of these Referral Terms. Existing Customers also may not use Referral Codes (from any source) to receive the free 30-trial of Subscription features. Doing so is a violation of these Terms and may result in termination of your Account.
- Applicable Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, including, but not limited to “spam” laws like the CAN SPAM Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, and other anti-spam laws in connection with using the Services and participating in this Referral Program. Any distribution of your Referral Code that could constitute unsolicited commercial email under any applicable law is expressly prohibited and will be grounds for immediate termination of any your Account, exclusion from Referral Program, and forfeiture of any Referral Rewards in your Account. This includes mass emailing, texting, or messaging people you do not know or using automated systems or bots to distribute your Referral Code.
Termination and Changes
The Referral Program automatically terminates after $50,000 in Referral Rewards are claimed. In addition, Straightaway may suspend or terminate the Referral Program or your ability to participate in the Referral Program at any time for any or no reason. The scope, variety, and type of services and products that users may obtain by redeeming Referral Rewards can change at any time.
We reserve the right to suspend Accounts or remove Referral Rewards if we notice any activity that we believe in our sole discretion is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of the Terms or any applicable law, statute or regulation, including these Referral Terms. We reserve the right to review and investigate all referral activities in our sole discretion. If any provision in these Referral Terms are held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Referral Program and Referral Rewards are provided to you on an “as is” basis, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Straightaway nor its service providers involved in creating, producing, or delivering the services will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, or damages for lost profits, lost revenues, lost savings, lost business opportunity, loss of data or goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute services of any kind arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not Straightaway or its service providers have been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
To the maximum extent permitted by the law of the applicable jurisdiction, in no event will Straightaway’s total liability arising out of or in connection with this Referral Program or from the use of or inability to use the services exceed the amounts you have paid or are payable by you to Straightaway for use of the services or one hundred dollars ($100), if you have not had any payment obligations to Straightaway, as applicable.
Updates to the Referral Terms
We may update these Referral Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the updated Referral Terms to the Services or through other communications. It’s important that you review these Referral Terms whenever we update them. If you continue to participate in the Referral Program after we have posted updated Referral Terms, you are agreeing to be bound by the updated Referral Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the updated Referral Terms, then you may not participate in the Referral Program anymore.