August 26, 2020
I. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on whether you are a customer, user, applicant or visitor, and the requirements of applicable law.
Information You Provide to Us.
Accounts and Payment Information: We use the Google Play store and AppStore to manage your use of and subscription to the App. We do not collect account or payment information directly. Instead, we collect payment through Apple Pay and Google Wallet. If you have any questions about account or payment information, please contact those services directly.
Your Routes: When you use our services to plan and navigate a route, we collect the stops on your route (and if you use AddressDetect, the pictures you take of the addresses) and your location and route as you navigate.
Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or route information when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information Collected Automatically or From Others.
Website Automatic Data Collection. When you visit or interact with our website, we and our Service Provider collects certain information automatically, which may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, details about your browser, operating system or device, pages that you visit, and information about the links you click. We use this information to serve you our website.
Straightaway App: When you use our app, we and our Service Providers automatically collect certain technical information, including (a) IP address, (b) device and browser information, (c) operating system, (d) the content of the request, (e) the date and time of the request, and (f) certain location and usage data, including Your Routes. We delete IP addresses after 30 days.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
Fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
· Managing your information and accounts;
· Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
· Providing you with routes and turn-by-turn navigation;
· Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes, including troubleshooting any issues with the Services, payment, or transactions;
Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
· Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
· Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
· Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
· Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
· Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services or device or those of our Providers;
· Developing new products and Services;
· Ensuring internal quality control;
· Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
· Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
· Enforcing our terms and policies; and
· Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
Use De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
· Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
· Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
Notice Regarding Third Parties. The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
We use Mapbox APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services:
We use the following third party services to measure the effectiveness of our Services and marketing:
- Google Firebase and Google Analytics - Privacy and Security (https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy) and Safeguarding your data (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245)
Please see their respective Privacy Policies regarding their collection and usage of personal information.
III. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers to support the provision of the Services. The categories of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; hosted infrastructure service providers, internal analytics service providers, routing and mapping service providers; payment processors; and customer service providers.
Affiliates. We may share personal information with our affiliated companies.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
You understand and agree that Straightaway LLC is a United States company and any data it collects is collected in the United States. You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live, and you consent to such transfers, processing, and storage. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
IV. YOUR CHOICES.
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
Email and Telephone Communications.
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. We also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device, but the app may not function as intended.
Your Privacy Rights.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
· Access to/Portability of Personal Data about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Data transferred to another party.
· Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
· Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. Note that due to the temporary nature of our logs, it is generally not feasible for us to provide access to IP addresses or the logs associated with them. You may request that we update, correct or delete any feedback or AddressDetect pictures that you have provided to us be emailing us with your request, however we may have deleted or anonymized anything you previously provided in a way that makes it infeasible for us to associate a particular item with a particular user.
V. DATA RETENTION.
VI. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
VII. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION.
The Services are not directed to children under 17 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
VIII. OTHER PROVISIONS.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
IX. CONTACT US.