Last Updated: May 4, 2022
Data We Collect
Information You Provide To Us
● Account & Contact Information. In connection with account creation, we collect personal data including your name, phone number, email, and professional title. To have access to all features, an Independent Driver must create their own account through the App. Managed Drivers may either create their own accounts through the App or a Fleet may create their accounts for them.
● Payment, Billing, and Transaction Information.
○ For Independent Drivers. When applicable, subscriptions to the App are processed through the Google Play store or the AppStore, and payments for the App are processed through such service and RevenueCat. We do not receive payment card information but do receive conﬁrmation of your transaction and subscription reports from RevenueCat.
● Information You Enter Regarding Your Routes. When you use our Services to plan and navigate a route, we collect any information you enter or upload, for example addresses, the stops on your route that you enter, photos of your daily delivery data, any carrier information you enter, and any notes you may take in the App.
● Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal data from you such as name, email address, phone number, route information, questions or feedback when you request information about our Services, register to receive information, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information About You From Others
● Through use of the App. When you use the App, we (including through our Mapbox APIs and SDKs) and our service providers automatically collect certain technical information, including: (a) Internet protocol address (“IP”), (b) device and browser information, (c) operating system, (d) the content of the request, (e) the date and time of the request, (f) certain usage data, (g) your real-time location data as you are driving your routes, or (h) certain limited location data through our mobile SDKs/APIs along with an ephemeral ID. If you are logged into your account when using the App, we also collect your account information. We use Mapbox APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of the Services. We also collect randomly-generated IDs for the limited purpose of analyzing the use of our APIs and SDKs, including the number of active users.
● Website Logs and Cookies. When you visit or interact with our website, we and our service provider collects certain information automatically regarding your use of our Services, including your IP address, details about
your browser, operating system or device, pages that you visit, and information about the links you click. We use this information to recognize and improve your use of our websites, and for accounts a user is authenticated into, to retain records associated with each user. You will not be able to access certain parts of our websites, including those that require a login, unless your device accepts cookies from us. You can ﬁnd out more information about the cookies on our website and managing your browser’s cookie preferences for our website here.
How We Use Data
We use data to communicate with you and your Fleet, if you are a Managed Driver, provide the Services and administer your account, which may include to test, maintain/support, secure and improve Mapbox products/services, to prevent fraud, misuse and cyberattacks, to calculate de-identiﬁed aggregate statistics, and for account administration/ billing purposes; and if you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools such as MixPanel, such as tracking pixels, to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains (collectively, “Purpose”).
Who We Share Data With
We do not sell your personal data. Except as provided in this Policy, we do not share your personal data.
Service Providers. We may share any personal data we collect about you with our third-party service providers and sub-processors for the Purpose.
Aﬃliates. We may share personal data with our aﬃliated companies.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; comply with law; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, ﬁnancing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
International Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our aﬃliates and third-party service providers, disclosed above, that are based in other countries. Therefore, your personal data may be processed outside your jurisdiction, including in countries and jurisdictions that are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or your local legislature or regulator, and that may not provide for the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction. We ensure that the recipient of your personal data oﬀers an adequate level of protection and security, for instance by entering into the appropriate agreements and, if required, standard contractual clauses or an alternative mechanism for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR) or other applicable regulators or legislators.
How We Secure Your Data
We take steps designed to secure your personal data in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, no system is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional or accidental destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 18 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below in the Contact Us section. If we learn that we have collected any personal data in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such data and terminate the child’s account.
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
Mobile Devices. We may send you push notiﬁcations through the App. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
We also collect location-based information when you use the App. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device, but the App may not function as intended.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- ● Access to/Portability of personal data about you.
- ● Request Correction of your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- ● Request Deletion of your personal data, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law and provided that certain personal data is required to provide the Services to you or your Fleet (if you are a Managed Driver).
- ● Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal data, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your personal data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulﬁlling your request.
Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal data violates applicable law.
We store the personal data we receive as described in this Policy or for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulﬁll the Purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Third Party Content
The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications.
We'd love to hear any questions, concerns or feedback you might have about this Policy. If you have suggestions for us, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.